Wednesday, September 12, 2012

of the power of a scripture!

For the last few weeks this scripture, found in The Book of Mormon, has been going thru my head. Ether 12:27.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
Weakness is part of the human/mortal condition, but it does not have to be a permanent part.  This scripture can be applied on many different levels.  Our weakness may be physical, perhaps we have some type of aliment, sickness, inability, etc...  Our weakness may be emotional, we might struggle with our temper, patience, ability to love/be loved, etc... Our weakness may be spiritual, we may stumble over some aspect of doctrine, wrestle with a repeated temptation, have an area of our testimony that has been shaken, etc..  The beautiful thing is the Lord promises to enable us to overcome our weakness if we but come unto Him.  By coming unto Christ and applying the power of His atonement in our life, He will make us strong!  What a beautiful thing that is; to be strong in Christ!

What Made Your Day Beautiful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment