Monday, September 10, 2012

of a chance to exercise a talent!

Out of the blue Molly asked me to draw her a picture.  Ok, so it's not completely out of the blue because I was doodling at church and she saw my doodles.  (She, Maddie and my sister Tiffanie were also laughing at me while I was drawing because of what I do while I draw.  Well, I do it whenever I concentrate.  My tongue comes out and I lick my lips.  Not the best habit to have, especially when you are trying to learn how to dance, but that's another story for another day!)  I grew up loving to draw.  It's in my blood, my dad went to UNL on an art scholarship.  It has been passed on to my daughter Whitney!  She spends hours at the table drawing!

I remember my dad getting rolls of butcher paper, I'd roll it out, listen to the Husker basketball games on the radio and draw basketball players.  I recently came across a high school art project and the desire to develop my artistic talents started to grow.  Then on Sunday during Sunday School the lesson was on "Developing Our Talents."

So rather than putting the request of and not ever getting around to it, I did it.  It was sometimes frustrating, but very enjoyable.  It was beautiful to get swept away in the creation of something.  It is definitely not a masterpiece, but hey, it has be years since I've done any serious drawing, so I think it's not half bad. 


Maddie as requested a similar picture, but she wants a stadium in the background too...that one I may be putting off for a while:)  We all have things that we've been wanting to do, but putting off.  I challenge you to take just a few minutes and do something you want to do, for yourself, to make your day beautiful!

What Made Your Day Beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment